We improve your energy consumption, lessen your material waste and make your processes more efficient. We improve your ecological footprint with products from Romaco. Through its various technologies, Romaco is committed to enable you in sustainable production and systematic CO2 emissions reduction.
Romaco is guided by the principle:
Avoidance is better than Reduction is better than Compensation
Our sustainability efforts for you are driven by the utmost attention to improve the
energy consumption, material waste, recyclability of material and process efficiency.
Roadmap: 2019 to 2021
- 2019 Romaco stipulates a binding commitment to environmental protection
- 2020 Romaco realized first CO2 compensated blister line, cartoner and tablet press
- 2020 Various new “green” packaging materials and processes identified
- 2020 Romaco sustainability vision and roadmap defined and committed
- 2020/21 Sustainability targets part of any URS
- 2020/21 Romaco sustainability ideas collected and rated
- 2020/21 Status quo carbon footprint Romaco Group calculated
- 2020/21 Use of CO2 reduced Plexiglas and aluminum in blister machine.
Roadmap: 2022 to 2023
- 2022 Paper Blister and Strip qualified
- 2022 Science Based Targets Romaco Group defined
- 2022/23 Romaco DIN/ISO 14001 certification R KA, R BO, R CO and R ST
- 2022 Energy monitor in all equipment Romaco Group
- 2022 Use of CO2 reduced aluminum, Plexiglas in all equipment.
- 2022/30 Energy reduction of 10% for every new product development
- 2023 Use of CO2 reduced steel in all equipment.
- 2023 80% use of recycled or recyclable Plastic packaging material.
Roadmap till 2030
- 2030 Romaco Group CO2 neutral energy consumption of facilities
- 2030 Recyclable and recycled parts in our machines increased to 70 %
- 2030 CO2 caused by service traveling reduced by 30%
- 2030 Non recycled plastic packaging material in production reduced by 100%
- 2030 Energy consumption Romaco machines and processes reduced by 30%
- 2030 Second Romaco footprint evaluation with target of 20% reduction compared to 2019.
- 2030 10% reduction of business traveling due to decentralizing and digitalization compared to 2019
- 2030 Concept for CO2 rating of suppliers and purchased parts
Romaco’s vision is to be the leading provider of sustainable products and services for the pharmaceutical industry
…join us … and benefit from our goals …
What you get
We help you to become more sustainable!
…be a pioneer … go for climate-friendly equipment…
Prevent product loss with Romaco technologies
Lower material and energy consumption
We compensate where avoidance and reduction are not yet possible
Romaco offers the first climate-neutral machines, including
- Kilian tablet presses (KTP Series), Noack blister lines (Unity & NBP 950), Promatic cartoners (PC 4000)
- Certified calculation to determine the carbon footprint for the machine production including all components
- CO2 emissions are compensated by sponsoring climate protection projects
- Cooperation with ForestFinest, a consultancy service provider for sustainable land use projects
Digital working instead of traveling is an efficient way to more sustainability
Our digital working environment:
- Livestream FATs and SATs
- Online machine and factory presentations via streaming
- Virtual showroom platform
- Digital customer services: Remote Assist
- Carbon neutral physic trade shows appearances
We have many more goals like:
- Environmental-friendly machine design
- Carbon neutral physic trade shows appearances
What we do to improve our ecological balance
Living sustainability – We don´t just preach – we act
Offering Job bicycles:
Collecting discarded mobile devices: NABU
No plastic or paper water & coffee cups:
Let us help you making your production more sustainable and efficient by archiving less product loss, less energy consumption, less material waste and more efficient processes
Am Heegwald 11
P +49 (0)721 48040
Romaco is a leading international supplier of processing and packaging equipment specialising in engineering technologies for pharmaceutical solids. The Romaco Group provides individual machines, lines and turnkey solutions for manufacturing and packing powders, granulates, pellets, tablets, capsules, syringes and medical devices. The company also serves the food and chemical industries. Through its various technologies, Romaco is committed to sustainable production and to systematically reducing CO2 emissions.
The Romaco Group has its headquarters in Karlsruhe (Germany) and is part of the Truking Group, a globally operating high-tech enterprise based in Changsha (China). Truking’s core competency is handling and filling pharmaceutical liquids.
Romaco operates from five European business sites with a broad portfolio comprised of seven established product brands. Noack and Siebler (Karlsruhe, Germany) supply blister, heat-sealing and rigid tube filling machines. Macofar (Bologna, Italy) markets technologies for filling sterile and non-sterile powders and liquids. Promatic (also Bologna, Italy) specializes in cartoners, track & trace systems and case packers. Kilian (Cologne, Germany) is a leading manufacturer of tablet presses. Innojet (Steinen, Germany) is in the business of granulating and coating fine solid particles. Tecpharm (Rubí, Spain) offers tablet coating technologies.
More than 800 highly skilled and committed Romaco employees are dedicated to the development of future product technologies and to the continuous implementation of internal improvement processes. Romaco’s multi-brand system solutions are sold worldwide through eight Sales & Service Centres and a dense network of local agent organisations. Over 12,000 installations delivered by Romaco are currently in use in more than 180 different countries.
For more information about the Romaco Group, visit www.romaco.com
© PEXELS / divers authors.